Resolved After trying to access server files through ftp I got blacklisted?

jnr

Mar 22, 2016
I am an admin on a small server, and was trying to access the server backup through FTP, however I forgot my password. I tried to access FTP about 20 or 30 times with the wrong password, and now the server is refusing ALL requests from my IP address, such as pinging it from command prompt, FTP access, and I am even unable to connect and play on the server through minecraft.

When trying to connect through minecraft, it gives the error "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information" and when trying to ping it from command prompt, every request times out.

It is not my connection, since I can access other servers just fine, and every other member of our server can connect to it. I am the only one who is having this problem, so I think I am blacklisted. How do I fix this?

Jacksharkben

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
I am an admin on a small server, and was trying to access the server backup through FTP, however I forgot my password. I tried to access FTP about 20 or 30 times with the wrong password, and now the server is refusing ALL requests from my IP address, such as pinging it from command prompt, FTP access, and I am even unable to connect and play on the server through minecraft.

When trying to connect through minecraft, it gives the error "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information" and when trying to ping it from command prompt, every request times out.

It is not my connection, since I can access other servers just fine, and every other member of our server can connect to it. I am the only one who is having this problem, so I think I am blacklisted. How do I fix this?
The only thing you can do it make a ticket with the host.

Reactions: Richard_BN

Richard_BN

BeastNode Staff
Dec 18, 2015
The Realm of Obscurity.
As jacksharkben said ^ you'll need to open a ticket - Make sure to include the IP of the server you are blocked from so we can lift the IP block on the correct system.