Help For a Newb

knwalter

Jun 22, 2018
I just set up a Minecraft server for use at our local library Minecraft Club. We have a turn-out of btw. 10-15 kids at any given meeting, which is just once per month, so I got the Stone (30 person) package. I set it up yesterday, added my daughter and her bff and tried to get her onto the server last night, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't connect to the server. I finally determined it's because we have Minecraft PE. I found directions on here to set up a PE server, but I have so many questions. 1) Will the kids who have regular Minecraft be able to play with the kids who have PE on one server? (we haven't done any playing on the computer/tablets yet as I wanted a safe, controlled environment before I introduced actual game playing.) 2) Will I have to pay for another server or have to merge the two together? 3) The directions say to make sure your VPS is running CentOS 7 64-bit. I have no idea how to find this out???

I seriously am a newb with all of this. The directions seem straightforward enough if you have done anything like this before, for example, you guys give us the code and links to download what we need, etc., but I want to make sure I know who to talk to and where to go to get help setting this up, because I know I will need help eventually. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

Richard_BN

BeastNode Staff
Dec 18, 2015
The Realm of Obscurity.
The guide on setting up a Pocket Edition server on a VPS are not relevant if you are running one of the shared hosting packs like the Stone plan - The VPS services are completely separate services (being blank and unmanaged systems that would require you to set everything up on yourself).

If you have a Stone plan you can set it up for Pocket/Bedrock Edition by logging into the MultiCraft control panel with the log in details that were emailed to you on purchase (make sure to check junk/spam too). Once logged in scroll down to a little drop down list of server versions that should be set to Default if you have not yet changed it - find NukkitX on this list and select it and the page will refresh to confirm the change.
After the page has refreshed enter a new world name in the World box, save changes at the bottom of the page and when the page has refreshed again restart the server.
Click Console on the left hand side - shortly after loading NukkitX up it will ask you to input a three character code for the language you wish to use (ie if you want English type 'eng' into the consoles input text box and hit enter to finish startup).
Once it comes back up as online anybody using Minecraft on their iOS/Android phones/tablets, on the Xbox One, on the Switch or on the Windows 10 Edition of MineCraft (not the Java/desktop edition) will be able to join (among a few other versions but the PS4 and older console editions will not work) with the IP:Port given for that server.

However - players of the PC/Java/Desktop Edition of MineCraft will not be able to join - currently there are no publicly available server software options to allow both PC/Java and Pocket/Bedrock players to play on the same server. There are some that are in development but they are currently not in a usable state. The server currently will either have to be for Pocket/Bedrock players or for PC/Java players.

Reactions: knwalter

knwalter

Jun 22, 2018
Wow Richard, super detailed and completely understandable instructions! Thanks for the fast reply too! The kids are going to have so much fun!

Richard_BN

BeastNode Staff
Dec 18, 2015
The Realm of Obscurity.
No worries - If you need help with anything else let us know!

Reactions: knwalter