Misc. Loyalty Program

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Verum, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verum

Verum
    Regular

It would be nice for those of us who've been a customer with BeastNode for a decent amount of time to get some sort recognition for this:

• perhaps a special title on forums
    • access to a discord or skype grout chat which has other loyal customers and the occasional staff visit when you guys have spare time
    • get back the ability to access the mysql servers directly
    • if these forums gets more popular then access to a hidden forum where you guys bounce future ideas off us before it's finalised or goes public
    just some random ideas I had off top of my head, just would be nice to close that gap between us and the staff, I have enjoyed talking to the likes of Richard on these forums and I feel it builds a better relationship past me screaming "help my server is offline!!" in a ticket :P

Jacksharkben likes this.
  2. Jacksharkben

Jacksharkben
    Regular

:)

3. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    Titles in general are a future addition anyway - currently it's the default titles the forum came with - so that can be worked on when I get around to it.

We would be very unlikely to set up a discord or Skype group such as this, at least anytime in the forseeable future, as that group and everything in it is then associated with us and we would never have the time to constantly moderate and monitor what is being said in them. Group chats can be set up by anybody that wishes to do so for users of the forums etc... if they wish - as long as it is made clear that it is not ran or managed by BeastNode itself, so we do not have people sending in tickets and complaining on the forums that someone has said this etc... when we have no control over this or feasible way to moderate this without effecting other services negatively due to the time it would take out for whichever staff managed them.

MySQL Databases can be accessed directly through a number of programs such as MySQL WorkBench and HeidiSQL, which there are a couple of guides for on the knowledgebase and the forum resources. We are unlikely to add web access, which we have discussed and considered before, as this would require changes to all systems and their security which would in turn cause downtime for all clients (assuming we could add those features to the systems without having to format them in any way - as if we would need to then we would never be able to do so as this would wipe services completely). There were other reasons that we strongly decided against doing this but I can't remember the particulars - it was simply going to add and cause a lot of problems for a service that is not needed when you can access the database externally, and only a small handful of our clients ever access their databases directly at all.

Any ideas that could benefit from client input will be put on the forums regardless, most likely in the News and Updates section. Most changes to our features however are done entirely in-house as they effect the business as a whole which is something that only the staff can discuss.

Verum and Jacksharkben like this.
  4. Jacksharkben

Jacksharkben
    Regular

Ok

5. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    If you can think of other things we could possibly add though please feel free to suggest them :) I'll work on the titles soon, both general ones that go up with the number of posts you make and some one off ones we can apply for certain things!

Jacksharkben likes this.
  6. Verum

Verum
    Regular

That's fair enough and I can understand the reasoning, wasn't aware I could access MySQL through an external program, I just used to have direct access through the website which later got removed as I suppose there was a security risk involved.

Jacksharkben likes this.
  7. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    Also - If you have any suggestions on what secondary titles could be rewarded for please let me know :) Note that it would need to be Forum related - so having a server with us would not be valid, as the forums and billing/multicraft are not connected in any way so it would all have to be manually done, including manually removed if the server shut down etc...

Jacksharkben likes this.
  8. AccessiblecraftOwner

AccessiblecraftOwner

Owner of Accessiblecraft Network
    Home Page:
    I think BeastNode kinda already does this with their disk space. According to them once you request a free upgrade and if they gives it to you then they won't take it away from you. As long as the service is still in constant use.

But I wonder if a discount based on time that you been having an active service with them is possible?

For example...

Stays with them for 3 months gets a 1% recurring discount as long as you still have an active service with them

Stays with them for 6 months that 1% discount get changed into 2.5% as long as you still have an active service with them

and so on.

9. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    We do not provide discounts for how long you have had a service - Budget services are already as low as we can drop their prices/costs, and Premium plans have discounts if you use longer billing cycles already.
    As stated in a comment above changes to our features, which would include things such as discounts, are done entirely in-house as they effect the business as a whole which is something that only the staff can discuss.

This thread was last posted on in April 2016 and has long been finished - I have locked the thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.