Misc. Monthly Performance Reports

Verum

Regular
Mar 7, 2016
It'd be nice if BeastNode could provide monthly performance reports on our servers, such as average ram usage, max ram usage, downtime, Disc space increase and various other statistics you feel comfortable providing.

This way we can make decisions on if we'd like to increase/decrease our plan, plan ahead for if we need to make sure to request more space and assess why in X month there was more used (could be a plugin issue).

I'm aware there's various other plugins and sites which can do this sort of thing but they wouldn't be as accurate as BeastNode and be able to provide as much of an in-depth report.

Reactions: Jacksharkben

Hario

BeastNode Staff
Dec 23, 2015
www.beastnode.com
Thanks for that suggestion! We'll look into it. Although some limitations already come to mind - the RAM readings on our end aren't always accurate either as it can change depending on the server JAR being used to the plugins that are installed.

Verum

Regular
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah that sort of thing came to mind when I thought of the idea but thought I'd suggest it anyways and let you guys work out the boring side of it and see if it was doable :)

Verum

Regular
Mar 7, 2016
I did state other websites do provide such data but I feel it'd be more accurate from BeastNodes own end as it comes from them, there's always error in plugins. Besides I've not seen any provider which does provide such data and it could be a good selling point for BeastNode to attract in some more customers.

Jacksharkben

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
I did state other websites do provide such data but I feel it'd be more accurate from BeastNodes own end as it comes from them, there's always error in plugins. Besides I've not seen any provider which does provide such data and it could be a good selling point for BeastNode to attract in some more customers.
But would it still be a plugin or world it be a program because they have more then one server on a box.

Verum

Regular
Mar 7, 2016
They wouldn't require a plugin to collect such data, they have access to all the information on their end. I'm sure they already have the data available and are monitoring it as we speak, you see them pushing updates to improve performance quite often, they'd just need a program to put all the data into a format for emailing out to customers.

Jacksharkben

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
They wouldn't require a plugin to collect such data, they have access to all the information on their end. I'm sure they already have the data available and are monitoring it as we speak, you see them pushing updates to improve performance quite often, they'd just need a program to put all the data into a format for emailing out to customers.
I guess so but it will be up to the staff if they want to release the info on the server.

Reactions: Verum
Sep 22, 2017
accessiblecraft.net
Thanks for that suggestion! We'll look into it. Although some limitations already come to mind - the RAM readings on our end aren't always accurate either as it can change depending on the server JAR being used to the plugins that are installed.

I used to have a live monitor, as long as you disable displaying Linux cache monitoring then it should displays ACTIVE RAM usage only. Of course RAM usages will change but as long your under selling the RAM (for example 56GB on a 64GB node) then the live charts will always show favorable RAM amounts.

As one of the users here it would improve sales as people prefer transparency when they buy/rent something so it should seriously be added.