Not saving player data?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Community Support' started by cora, Jul 24, 2019.

1. cora

cora

EDIT: deleted all playerdata, uninstalled Teleport essentials, it works fine now

Everytime I log in, i spawn in the same place, same inventory, same gamemode.
    It's on spigot 1.13.2
    Plugins:
    WorldEdit WorldEdit is an in-game map editor for both creative and surviva... Jul 22, 2019
    DeathSpectating Spectate your killer briefly before respawning, similarily to mo... Jul 21, 2019
    OpenInv Open anyone's inventory as a chest in real time! Jul 21, 2019
    DropHeads Player and Mob Heads Full-featured plugin Jul 18, 2019
    Just Essentials A fully customizable essentials plugin, to help your server appe... Jun 13, 2019
    ServerRestorer Backup and restore your server with ease. [aupports FTP] Jun 08, 2019
    ServerMinimap A minimap without clientmod using Maps! Apr 29, 2019
    Kill Stats Tracks player kills Apr 03, 2019
    Warp Warp Mar 31, 2019
    Just-Spawn Just-Spawn Mar 30, 2019
    HomePlugin Plugin für Homes Mar 20, 2019
    Chat Color Tags Chat Color Tags Jul 03, 2016
    Simple-Tpa A simple TPA plugin Apr 18, 2016
    TeleportEssentials TeleportEssentials Jan 23, 2015
    NickNames Allows players to have nicknames. Aug 07, 2014

also a sidenote; what is the best plugin for creating world backups? and in the plugin, where are they saved?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    If playerdata is not saving then you have maxed out your disk space - Shut the server down immediately. The longer you leave your server running in this state the higher the chances of data/world corruption forming.

You need to go through your server files and delete all excess server data - logs, crash reports, old/unused worlds or plugin data etc...
    Backups should be downloaded and deleted from the files regularly, they should not be left in the files using the space up, and any plugins that use a lot of data that can be avoided by linking them to an SQL should be linked ASAP so their flatfile data can be deleted (I am not familiar with half the plugins you are using so I am not sure which this may help with).

If you cannot free much space up then more space needs to be added. If you are on a Premium package send a ticket in requesting this - whoever gets the ticket will both check what is using your disk space usage and upgrade the space for free if it is eligible for the upgrade (ie avoidable data is not using the majority of the used space).
    If you are on a Budget package then extra space is $0.75 per extra GB a month up to a total limit of 20GB and can be requested any time through the tickets.

This cannot be handled over the forums regardless - any further help with disk space issues will need to be sent in via the tickets.

3. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    I would also strongly recommend not relying on the plugin installer on the control panel - judging from the random and vague plugins being used they have most likely been installed through that.
    All plugins must be compatible with your server version, and you should be checking the plugins full documentation to check for this, whether it has any dependancies or not and their general documentation on how to use the plugins - you cannot do this through the installer. Installing plugins manually through the FTP is always advised over using the installer (for these reasons and due to the fact that most up to date plugins are on SpigotMC which does not currently work with the installer).

On a side not - I would also strongly recommend the removal of Just Essentials, Warp, Just-Spawn, HomePlugin, Simple-Tpa, TeleportEssentials and NickNames as everything all of these plugins do can be done via EssentialsX (download the .zip from their site and extract the .jars to upload to the server files - do NOT install the AntiBuild, GeoIP or XMPP jars, just delete those).

4. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    You can also make backups of your world through the control panel on the Files > Backups page, which creates a .zip of your world in the base directory - you do not need a plugin to do this.

5. cora

cora

Thanks for the help, I've done everything except linking plugins to SQL because i'm not sure what that is exactly. But I'll use EssentialsX that you recommended instead anyway. Thanks for everything, Its just a small server for a couple of friends, and It's my first time handling a server at all so I'm happy to hear anything that is smart or not smart to do.