Query Restore Functionality Not Working

fvf

Jan 19, 2016
NJ, USA
Hello!
First off, I love BeastNode!

So, I have a world that, during the course of playing on it, it gets annihilated. Every once in a while, I want to restore the map back to its initial state, and the way I've been doing that is by deleting the map and re-uploading. I know that Multicraft offers backup and restore capabilities, but I can't get it to work. I turn my server off, ask it to restore a backed-up world, and then after like 30 minutes, I turn the server back on, but then I'm back on the destroyed world again. If you could help me figure out why that would be great!

Or, another better option in my eyes, is the ability to copy world directories. This way, I would keep a current world, and two spare worlds. Then, when I want to start fresh, I can be back up and running in a few seconds. All I would have to do is switch to one of the spare worlds, and then restart the server. Then while I wait for the server to boot, I would delete the old world, and make a new copy of the third spare world.
However, there is no copy functionality in the browser FTP client. If there was a way to copy, that would be amazing! And if there was a way to automate all this, that would be even better!

Example: I am on world22. My spare directories are world23 and world 24. I issue a command from inside the game "startanew". The server then shuts off, switches to world23, boots up, deletes world22, and copies world24 to world25.

Anyways, thanks for reading.
-fvf

Richard_BN

BeastNode Staff
Dec 18, 2015
The Realm of Obscurity.
When you restore a backup you need to have shut the server and deleted the current world folder first - then restore the backup. If the world folder is not removed first the backup will fail to overwrite it.

There is no copy functionality in FTP access full stop - including FTP clients. This is not a limitation in the browsers FTP or something we can change. If there is any possibility to automate this it would be through plugins, but I am not aware of any that have the ability to change the world being loaded by the server automatically.