Resolved Server timing out after updating 1.12-era server to Spigot 1.13

Discussion in 'Minecraft Community Support' started by Rachel, May 2, 2019.

1. Rachel

Rachel

Hi everyone! So I have a server that originally had a 1.12 Spigot jar file. I updated it yesterday to the Spigot 1.13.2 (04.25.2019-forceUpgrade) and it was fine then but today I time out and the server crashes when I try to do /spawn, which worked yesterday. I also got a very long error message in the console that said the problem likely was rooted in the installed plugins, but I didn't really understand anything that it said.

I did not update Essentials but I did update WorldEdit and a few other plugins so I'm not sure what's happening.

Here's a pastebin link that shows the crash report that I got on the console. Any help would be appreciated.
    https://pastebin.com/hSebcEGA

2. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    Update Essentials to the latest EssentialsX development builds and test it again. Crashes on `/spawn` are due to outdated Essentials builds.

All of your plugins should be on their latest version compatible with the server version at all times. If you are not up to date then you are missing bug patches and general fixes for issues like this.

EDIT:: Marked as Resolved as the Essentials build being outdated is specifically the issue from what those crash logs state - updating should resolve the issue unless something else is also outdated/causing issues.

Last edited: May 4, 2019