Starter question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeamBlood, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TeamBlood

TeamBlood

Hi Everyone,

I am completely lost on how to start my server, i am also new to minecraft but getting the hang of it.
    I'd like to pick the right biome or are all in the world when you launch server?
    I'd like to create a nice spawning location is it possible to teleport to the center of the map? if so how?
    Does anyone know of any websites with spawning locations templates?
    As admin can i give myself infinite materials so I can build the spawning location? if so whats the command?

Any help and guidance would greatly be appreciated and sorry for the noob questions.

2. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    I am completely lost on how to start my server, i am also new to minecraft but getting the hang of it.
    I am not sure what you mean by this. Every server is different, you do what you want with it/set up on it what you want specifically so there is no general "what to do with a new server" guide.

I'd like to pick the right biome or are all in the world when you launch server?
    All biomes generate in the world as you explore, it's not just one biome.

I'd like to create a nice spawning location is it possible to teleport to the center of the map? if so how?
    Assuming this is a Vanilla server, as no mention of the server type has been made, if you have opped yourself through the console on your control panel (Log into the control panel, go to the Console on the left and type in op name with name being your MC username and hit enter) you can move the spawn of the world with /setworldspawn which will then change where new players log into and where you respawn on death if you haven't slept in a bed to where you ran the command
    If the server is not Vanilla it depends on what you have installed - different plugins for example will give you different commands or features for this.

Does anyone know of any websites with spawning locations templates?
    You can find pre-built worlds posted in a lot of different places - PlanetMinecraft is a common one. If it's a 'schematic' it would require either plugins such as WorldEdit to paste them in ingame or the program MCEdit to be installed on your computer to paste it into a world to then upload to the server. World folder downloads can just be uploaded and the server set to load them.

As admin can i give myself infinite materials so I can build the spawning location? if so whats the command?
    If you have opped yourself as stated above you can go into Creative mode to use infinite items with /gamemode creative

If you need further help you can also use the Discord for community support which is generally quicker on the responses than the forums, or the support tickets for BeastNode staff specific help.

3. TeamBlood

TeamBlood

Thank you

4. TeamBlood

TeamBlood

I uploaded a world (downloaded on the website you suggested) and its showing in the my world directory (I added and unzipped through FTP in Multicraft), I added the new world name in the world bar to use but when I go in game the normal world displays. How can that be? I get no errors but the new uploaded world does not appear in game even though I have told my server to use the new world? by the way using Spigot 1.14.3. Also if I just wanted to add a spawn template in a world how do i do that?

5. Richard_BN

Richard_BN
    BeastNode Staff

BeastNode Support Agent
    Are you using any plugins on the server? MultiVerse/MultiWorld in particular as you will then need to teleport to that world as the previous world will still be loaded on the server which is where you will log back into.
    If you do not have any multi-world plugins installed then the world named in the World box is specifically the world being loaded ingame. If the build you downloaded is not present it was either not uploaded correctly, the name of the world folder and what is entered in the World box do not match (world names are case-sensitive and spaces are also important even if they are on the start or end of the folder name) or you are not at the co-ordinates of the build ingame (the PMC page normally states the co-ordinates of the ingame builds for that world).

As stated previously regarding schematics (templates)-
    You would need to install WorldEdit and restart to load it, then put the schematic in the /plugins/WorldEdit/schematics/ directory of your files (create the schematics folder if it doesn't exist, make sure it's all lowercase) and then ingame do //schem load [file name] and //paste to paste it in. If the schematic is large it may crash the server however, as large pastes will use a lot of RAM.