This guide will provide steps on how you can run your own Minecraft: Pocket Edition server based on version 0.14. This version requires PHP 7, so other older guides may not be relevant.
1. First, log into your VPS as root and run the following command:
yum install -y perl gcc g++ gcc-c++ make automake libtool autoconf m4 gcc-multilib screen bison
2. Now create your non-root user to manage the server:
3. Then set the password for that account:
passwd pocketuser(enter password when asked)
Once that is done, SSH into your newly made account and continue with the guide.
4. Create a folder for your server data to go into:
Enter the folder:
5. Now download and install the necessary software for MCPE:
chmod +x installer.sh
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PocketMine/php-build-scripts/master/compile.sh
chmod +x compile.sh
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PocketMine/PocketMine-MP/master/start.sh
chmod +x start.sh
6. Once it is completed (it might take a while), you'll need to replace the "PocketMine-MP.phar" with an updated one. You can grab the latest one from this URL using the wget command:
http://pmt.mcpe.me/pmb/ (get the latest version labled "pr:####" - adjust the following commands for the latest version as these steps are just an example)
Delete the existing .phar file:
rm PocketMine-MP.pharDownload the latest .phar file:
Rename the newly downloaded file:
mv 'pr:4023.phar' PocketMine-MP.phar
7. Now you can start up the server:
8. It will ask you to set the language, accept the license, and to go through the setup wizard (or skip it - we recommend using it). The setup wizard will go over settings such as your server name, server port, creative/survival mode, max player slots, spawn protection, op, whitelist, query, rcon, etc. Alternatively, you can also set those settings in the server.properties file later on.
Once that is all done, your server should now start up and you should see the server message console indicating that it is done. However, with this method, your server will shut down if you log off of your VPS, so run this command in the MCPE server console to stop the server: stop
9. Now you can start up your server to stay online even if you're not logged into your VPS with this command:
(make sure you are in your "server" directory" before using this command):
screen -m -d -S peserver ./start.sh
To access your server console with this method, just use this command:
To exit the "screen" session, use the following key combos on your keyboard:
CTRL+A then press the "d" key.
10. You're all done! Now all you have to do is join your server by entering the IP of your VPS into your game in the add server menu and you're all set! It is recommended that you follow some basic security guidelines in this guide to secure your server.